Sat, Aug 21|
Smart Cycling - Prerequisite to LCI Seminar
Interested in becoming a League Cycling Instructor? This is the class for you!
Time & Location
Aug 21, 2021, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
mActivity, 285 Nicoll St, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
About the Event
Requirements for All Participants (See below for Learn to Ride and the Bike Maintenance classes.)
- Must be able to ride a bicycle for at least one mile
- Bring a bike in good working condition
- Bring a properly fitting bicycle helmet. Free new helmets will be given to all who need one.
- Sign the NHCAT waiver
- Bring a bottle of water, light snacks or fruit, and sunblock
- Bring a face mask in case you are asked to wear one while indoors
All participants of the LCI Seminar must successfully complete Smart Cycling, Traffic Skills 101 with a minimum score of 85%. There is no substitute to completing this requirement. Regardless of your riding experience, it is important that you be a part of the curriculum prior to teaching it. Due to the rigorous demands of the LCI Seminar, including completing the Assessment, you must take Smart Cycling (TS 101) at least 1 month prior to the Seminar. This gives you time to master the drills before you have to facilitate them for others.