Sat, Sep 19|
Bradley Street Bicycle Co-op
Smart Cycling - Hosted by Alder Abby Roth Ward 7
Improve your bike handling skills, learn the rules of the road, and build confidence when riding your bike!
Time & Location
Sep 19, 2020, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Bradley Street Bicycle Co-op, 138 Bradley St, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
About the Event
New Haven Coalition for Active Transportation (NHCAT) offers free bike education classes for people of all ages and abilities. Free new helmets will be available for all who need one. All classes are taught by instructors who have been trained and certified by the League of American Bicyclists.
Smart Cycling Part One Covers:
- Bicycle selection
- Helmet fitting
- Basic bicycle handling skills
- What to wear
- Rules of the road
- Riding etiquette
- A group ride along New Haven streets
Requirements for All Participants:
- Must be able to ride a bicycle for at least one-half mile
- Bring a bike in good working condition
- Bring a properly fitting bicycle helmet. Free new hlemets will be given to all who need one.
- Sign the NHCAT waiver
- Bring a water bottle, light snacks or fruit, and sunblock
- Wear a face mask over your nose and mouth while indoors
Requirements for Minors 14-17
Minors from 14-17 are welcome but must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian for the duration of the class. Parents/adult guardians must register and attend the class and join the group ride with their minor child(ren). Parents/guardians much sign a waiver for the minor(s).
If you registered and are unable to attend, please send a message to Alder Roth (email@example.com) at least 48 hours before the class so the place can be offered to someone on the waiting list.