Sat, Sep 25|
CT Children & Family Center
Smart Cycling- Prerequisite to LCI Seminar
Interested in becoming a League Cycling Instructor? This is the class for you!
Time & Location
Sep 25, 2021, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
CT Children & Family Center, 230 Ashmun St, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
About the Event
Requirements for all classes
Each participant must:
- Bring a properly fitting bicycle helmet if you have one. Free new helmets will be given to all who need one.
- Bring a bicycle in good working condition.
- Must be able to ride for at least one mile.
- Sign the HNCAT waiver.
- Bring their own water, snacks, sunblock, etc.
- Wear their face mask over their nose and mouth in indoor settings and when proper social distancing cannot be practiced.
All participants of the LCI Seminar must successfully complete Smart Cycling, Traffic Skills 101 with a minimum score of 85%. There is no substitute to completing this requirement. Regardless of your riding experience, it is important that you be a part of the curriculum prior to teaching it. Due to the rigorous demands of the LCI Seminar, including the completing the Assessment, you must take Smart Cycling (TS 101) at least 1 month prior to the Seminar. This gives you time to master the drills before you have to facilitate them for others.