Sat, Oct 16|
The Devil’s Gear Bike Shop
Bicycle Maintenance: Tires, Brakes, Chains and Stuff!
Want to learn how to take care of your bike? Well, this hands-on class is for you!
Time & Location
Oct 16, 2021, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
The Devil’s Gear Bike Shop, 845 Chapel St, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
About the Event
During this class, you will learn and practice hands-on basic repairs and adjustments on their bicycles, as well as the essentials to carry on a ride.
Requirements for all classes
Each participant must:
- Bring a properly fitting bicycle helmet if you have one. Free new helmets will be given to all who need one.
- Bring a bicycle in good working condition.
- Must be able to ride for at least one mile.
- Sign the HNCAT waiver.
- Bring their own water, snacks, sunblock, etc.
- Wear their face mask over their nose and mouth in indoor settings and when proper social distancing cannot be practiced.
* Participants under 14-18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian for the duration of each class. A parent or adult guardian must enroll and attend the classes and rides with their minor children.
Get your bike and head over to The Devil’s Gear Bike Shop, a Bicycle Friendly Business (BFB) for a basic bicycle maintenance class. This class is for cyclists who know how to ride a bike and would like to learn and practice hands-on basic repairs and adjustments on their bicycles, as well as the essentials to carry on a ride. Even if you are only out for a quick ride, you don’t want to have to push your bike home after getting a flat tire! The class will be offered by the owners of The Devil’s Gear who are also League Cycling Instructors (LCIs). Depending on Covid-19 restrictions and the need for social distancing, the venue will either be at The Devil’s Gear or outside. Registrants will be notified 48 hours in advance of the venue for this class. The class limit is 3 participants.