Fri, Nov 05|
League Cycling Instructor (LCI) Seminar
Interested on learning about bicycle safety and skills? Well this class is for you!
Time & Location
Nov 05, 2021, 9:00 AM EDT – Nov 07, 2021, 2:00 PM EST
mActivity, 285 Nicoll St, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
About the Event
Students for this class must pass the Smart Cycling Complete class (Traffic Skills 101) with a score of 85% or better.
Requirements for All Participants
- Must be able to ride a bicycle for at least one mile
- Bring a bike in good working condition
- Bring a properly fitting bicycle helmet. Free new helmets will be given to all who need one.
- Sign the NHCAT waiver
- Bring a bottle of water, light snacks or fruit, and sunblock
- Bring a face mask in case you are asked to wear one while indoors
* Participants under 14-18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian for the duration of each class. A parent or adult guardian must enroll and attend the classes and rides with their minor children.
TheLCI Seminar focuses on teaching and demonstration techniques used with future students both on the road and in the classroom. The seminar emphasis is on how to teach bicycle safety and skills so as to provide increased comfort and confidence for new and returning bicyclists and youth. The seminar does not emphasize the content or specific details of the cycling course curricula. It is primarily about teaching, and each candidate will have opportunities during the seminar to practice facilitating parts of the Smart Cycling curriculum, both in the classroom and in the parking lot. The seminar is normally one evening and two full days. Generally, 1/3 of the time is on-bike, so students should be prepared to ride. Click here to register
Date: Friday, November 5, 2021 – Sunday, November 7, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Friday & Saturday) 9:00 AM – 2 PM Sunday
Location: mActivity; 285 Nicoll Street, New Haven, CT