Sat, Aug 28|
Bike Riding - Basic Riding & Safety Skills
Hesitant about riding in the streets? Well, this is the perfect class to overcome your fear!
Time & Location
Aug 28, 2021, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM EDT
ConnCAT Place , 156 Dixwell Ave, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
About the Event
Over the course of this session, you will develop your knowledge, expertise, and ability to use a bicycle safely and confidently for utility, health, and recreation.
Requirements for All Participants (See below for Learn to Ride and the Bike Maintenance classes.)
- Must be able to ride a bicycle for at least one mile
- Bring a bike in good working condition
- Bring a properly fitting bicycle helmet. Free new helmets will be given to all who need one.
- Sign the NHCAT waiver
- Bring a bottle of water, light snacks or fruit, and sunblock
- Bring a face mask in case you are asked to wear one while indoors
* Participants under 14-18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian for the duration of each class. A parent or adult guardian must enroll and attend the classes and rides with their minor children.
This is a class for cyclists who know how to ride a bike but may be hesitant to ride in the streets. This class will offer instruction in helmet fit, ABC Quick Check, responsibilities and etiquette of cycling on the streets, basic bike handling skills, lane positioning and signaling. There will be a group ride to practice riding on the streets. Over the course of this session, you will develop your knowledge, expertise and ability to use a bicycle safely and confidently for utility, health, and recreation. Bring lunch, plenty of water and sun lotion.
Location: ConnCAT Place on Dixwell; 156 Dixwell Avenue (Rear); New Haven, CT