Sat, Sep 18|
CT Children & Family Center
Smart Cycling- Prerequisite to LCI Seminar
Interested in becoming a League Cycling Instructor? This is the class for you!
Time & Location
Sep 18, 2021, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
CT Children & Family Center, 230 Ashmun St, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
About the Event
Requirements for All Participants
- Must be able to ride a bicycle for at least one mile
- Bring a bike in good working condition
- Bring a properly fitting bicycle helmet. Free new helmets will be given to all who need one.
- Sign the NHCAT waiver
- Bring a bottle of water, light snacks or fruit, and sunblock
- Bring a face mask in case you are asked to wear one while indoors
All participants of the LCI Seminar must successfully complete Smart Cycling, Traffic Skills 101 with a minimum score of 85%. There is no substitute to completing this requirement. Regardless of your riding experience, it is important that you be a part of the curriculum prior to teaching it. Due to the rigorous demands of the LCI Seminar, including the completing the Assessment, you must take Smart Cycling (TS 101) at least 1 month prior to the Seminar. This gives you time to master the drills before you have to facilitate them for others.